Life with an older baby is really different than with a newborn. But one thing that won't change -- crying. Your older baby or toddler will still cry...a lot.
As our kids develop the ability to communicate, that will change. But in the meantime, here are 20 reasons your toddler may be crying, all based on the real life parenting moments of our doula, Betsy.
2. Shoes exist.
3. We can't rewind the radio.
4. Saying goodbye is hard.
5. Spilled milk -- no matter what the famous saying says....
6. This apple has seeds.
7. The wifi is down, so the iPad can't play Daniel Tiger.
8. Hair dryer.
9. Being buckled in the stroller is no fun, so don't even try it.
10. The steamroller he wants to touch is turned ON and is actively working.
11. Sand feels yucky.
12. Why won't you let me roll in and eat the sand?!
13. Someone else is opening a present.
14. The graham cracker broke in half, so it's ruined.
15. That bumblebee is scary.
16. Shampoo has to be rinsed out.
17. Socks don't feel good.
18. Someone else flushed the toilet, and that's not fair.
19. The purple plate is in the dishwasher.
20. Coffee is only for grownups.
We also love the Mommy Shorts pictures!
For our toddlers, these things are worth crying about because they don't have the skills need to identify and regulate their feelings. So we don't make light of the big feelings in little people -- but as the ones on the front lines, sometimes all you can do is laugh.